Gluten Free Caramalised Onion and Red Wine
The richness of caramelised onion with a hint of red wine makes this ideal with beef or lamb.
Caramelised Onion & Red Wine Lamb Salad
• 500gm lamb, sliced • 2 cups Caramelised Onion & Red Wine Marinade
• 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved • 3 cups mixed salad leaves
• Handful basil leaves, roughly torn • Handful mint leaves, roughly torn
1. Marinate sliced lamb in Caramelised Onion & Red Wine Marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a barbecue grill or char grill pan on high.
3. Cook lamb on grill for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
5. Place the tomato, cucumber, onion, mint, basil and mixed leaves in a large bowl.
6. Add lamb and gently toss to combine.
7. Divide salad among bowls and serve immediately.